Our mission is to have students view learning as a life-long
process that enriches the individual and allows them to
attain the fulfillment of their true potential.
▪ To provide curricula that focuses on more elaborate, complex, and in-depth study of major ideas, key concepts and themes that integrate knowledge within and across disciplines and encourages the use of higher-level thinking skills.
▪ To provide curricula that sets high standards and that demands rigorous expectations for student work and performance demonstration.
▪ To provide instruction that allows for the development and application of productive thinking skills and enables students to re-conceptualize existing knowledge and/or generate new understandings that deal with real-life problems and issues.
▪ To provide instruction that is flexibly paced and matched to the student’s ability, pre-assessment data, learning style, interest, and motivation.
▪ To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership and group interaction skills that allow student-centered discussion andSocratic questioning.
▪ To provide students with the freedom to choose areas for independent, self-directed, and in-depth study.
▪ To require that products of gifted students represent application, analysis, and synthesis of knowledge.
▪ To encourage an environment that fosters a positive attitude toward creative challenges, investigative activity, and knowledge creation.
Gifted Program Information
Additional Parent Resources